Durham Tourism Superstar
Visit County Durham in association with The Northern Echo, is seeking to showcase the best in customer service offered to visitors to the county with the annual Durham Tourism Superstar initiative.
The award recognises the dedication and passion of those working in Durham’s tourism industry, and will be awarded to an individual or team who go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure visitors to the county have a memorable experience.
The winner of Durham Tourism Superstar will then be put forward to be considered for the VisitEngland National Tourism Superstar competition for 2023. Durham has had 3 national superstar winners from Beamish Museum and Durham Cathedral, as well as 3 finalists from Auckland Castle, Hall Hill Farm and Walworth Birds of Prey Centre, representing the high quality of the sector across the county.
Nominations for Durham Tourism Superstar 2023 must:
- Work for a tourism business or organisation in the county
- Must represent the county – be knowledgeable and passionate about the destination and happy to talk about the destination outside of their work remit
- Go above and beyond the call of duty to deliver an experience to remember for visitors
- Be aware that they have been nominated and happy to participate in any related PR and media opportunities during or post the announcement of the winner
- Be available and willing for their image to be used for publicity by Visit County Durham and The Northern Echo
- Be willing to take part in publicity for VisitEngland’s national awards should they be shortlisted
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org