Key Visitor Economy Developments
As part of the £7.25m regeneration of Redhills – Durham Miners Hall has been awarded £4.5m from the National Lottery Heritage Fund for its restoration and renewal as a centre for culture, heritage and education. Durham County Council has also pledged to support the project with £1.1m of matched funding.
Community consultation demonstrated that people who use Redhills now and those that will use it in the future, want it to be a place where things are done.
- A place where children understand their heritage
- A place where musicians can practice and perform
- A place where groups can meet and repair banners, quilts and traditional mats
- A place where poets and playwrights can showcase their work
- A place where the traditions and culture of County Durham can be nurtured, developed and preserved